Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby fever get a puppy

So my husband texted me one day stating that on facebook his aunt is looking for a home for 2 puppies.  He says they are cute and shouldn't get to big, they are jack russel terrier and begal mix.

I decided that I could no longer be a hard meanie and say yes. 

So we go get the puppy, and it is a very tiny thing.  Very tiny, he is only 7 weeks old, (I already got flames from a social network for taking a dog that young).  He weight maybe 3 lbs. We had to go to a pet store to buy a kitten harness for him.

The first night I was up 2x in order to take him out.  Then he was lonely and didn't want to sleep alone. So we allow him to sleep with us. And he cuddles up to me. We unsucessfully attempt to get him to sleep on his own.  He likes cuddling up to us.

People ask me how is the house breaking going, I say he has us trained quite well.  We watch for his signs and if ignored he will go where ever he pleases.

When I get home from work everyday, I have to spend 10 minutes holding him and comforting him before he will go out and pee.  It has become routine.

Now how have the kids adjusted, well at first it was great, then on day 3 he pooped  in someones shoe (not mine :}).  Now it is complaining that I took him out last, or she is hogging him.  Then it is getting the 4 y/o not to pick him up, no he cannot sleep with you.  No you do not need to share your food. The list goes on.

I really can't say I am dissappointed that we got him.  There is adjustment, we can no longer just go away on no notice for the weekend. 

It is like having a baby again

No comments:

Post a Comment