Wednesday, January 18, 2012

IEP time

Yeah its the most depressing time of the year.  The time when the reports of just how bad your child looks on paper.  The good report writers make it look oh so bad so your child can still get lots of help. 
I have found as long as you are in constant contact with your child's teacher you will know that the report isn't as bad as it reads.

But wow it still reads bad.  I know that my son is about 1 year behind his peers really I do know this.  But to read it it hurts.  To see his speech over all is at a 3 year old level.  To see that his fine motor skills are at a 2 year old level that really hurt. 

To see that his speech impedes him from developing friendships or just interacting with peers hurts. Well I guess there are lots of things that hurts when you have a child that gets an IEP

No comments:

Post a Comment