Friday, September 16, 2011

Bullying

With a teenager and preteen this is a scary subject. 48 hours is doing a program on it tonight.
I am sitting here talking to my teen wondering where the difference is between when I was bullied and to the bullying now.  We are talking about 25 years, (yes I am old). 

Right now the main factor we have come up with is internet, and social networks.  I didn't have internet but I was bullied.  I was called fat, ugly, scum this happened day after day after day.  I never told an adult or teacher.  But one day I got fed up and lashed out physically.  Did I win the fight not physically.  But the person never bullied me again.

Now my daughter has had a couple of episodes with a girl bullying her on the internet.  When I first found out about it, I made her defriend the girl on facebook.  Why she had her as a friend, I still don't know.  But once the girl was defriended my childs life became better.

Of all the things to be scared of, I shouldn't be scared to send my child to school.  For fear that they will be harassed verbally and then physically

No comments:

Post a Comment