Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It hurts to be a parent

I know this topic has been gone over before by many a person.  But I have to say it hurts to be a parent.
 
You have the parents that hurt because their kids get in with the wrong crowd, turn to drugs drinking and sex.  The parents then ask themselves "what did I do wrong."

You have the parents that hurt because their child is being hurt in non physically ways by their peers.  In this case as a parent you want to give your child all the tools they need to make the hurt go away.

Then there are the physical hurts that you as a parent cannot make go away.  The your child is in pain, and you can only hold their hand and sympathize. Now yes I realize I have it good, a lot better than most my child isn't chronically or terminally ill.

It doesn't negate the fact my child is in pain.  She has been in constant pain for over 2 weeks now.  We still don't have a concrete answer for what is going on.  They think it is narrowed down to 2 things.  In order to get any real answers she has to go under and a scope inserted into her urethra. 

She is scared, and in pain.  She lashes out verbally or withdraws into a book.  How can I fault her for either thing.  There is nothing I can do but say yes you can have more pain killer.  If I suggest a hot pack she bites my head off.  She is cranky and miserable and I really can't do a thing for her.

It hurts to see her like this.  It scares me to have to take her into the hospital knowing she is being put under to be scoped.  It scares me not knowing what is really going on.

It sucks to be a parent at times

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it does hurt, sometimes. I hope everything goes smoothly and that they can give you answers, soon. No child should have to be in constant pain.

    ReplyDelete