Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Childhood memories

Like any good parent I want my children to have good memories of their childhood.  I want those memories to be of the things we did that were out of the ordinary.  Not mom got home, cleaned cooked dinner Dad got home he ate and we just watched tv every night.

This evening my son wanted to go to the park with 2 sandboxes as he puts it.  Well the only issue with that was I was cooking dinner at the time.  He didn't like that answer.  So he proceeded to lay on the floor and allow me the pleasure of hearing his displeasure.

So I told him if he would calm down, we would pack up dinner and have a picnic at the park with 2 sand boxes.  He stopped the screaming, the funny part was I had been thinking of doing a simple dinner and just eating at the park.  So it wasn't like the idea just came to me.

So that is what we did, packed up dinner at ate the park, life was good, till the rain started

No comments:

Post a Comment