Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jack of all trades master of none

 I am my father's daughter, my mother use to say it was better to be a Jack of all trades master of none, this was said in reference to my father.

My father after one of his heart attacks took up wood working to a degree.  He didn't have any fancy tools, just the basics saw, hammer, square, nails and that was about it.  He could look at a piece of outdoor furniture, say an A frame swing.  Take a few measurements, then pull out a spiral notebook sketch, then get his materials and make it. He did the same with a bread bin he saw and liked.  He also made a potato bin and onion bin.

When he got board with those, he made a cradle for a pregnant sister in law.  That was a beautiful piece of work.  But now a days people who foo foo it because it was hand made so of course it wasn't safe.  He made me a secretery  desk that I was not able to bring with me. It had a flip top and a 3 tier book shelf.  Again all he did was look at it got and idea sketched it and poof it was made.

Now how am I my father's daughter, I have the same trait.  But for me it is more the scrapbooking arts and crafts area.  I can look at a layout for scrapbooking and say hey I can do that and improve on it.  I get an idea in my head then the next thing I know it is done.  So yes I guess I am my father's daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment