Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sometimes you screw up and it works

If you have a child with a food allergy you know how much fun cooking and baking can be.  Granted there are a ton of cookbooks that tell you how to overcome the allergy but sometimes the things just don't taste good.

My son has an egg allergy, so baking is always a treat, again see above there are many sources that tell me what I HAVE to do to replace an egg but I like thinking outside the box.  This is where sour cream come in.

I was doing brownies for my daughter to take to school for her bday, and didn't have enough for the whole class.  Well I had a box of cookie mix, and added 8 oz of sour cream plus the butter it called for, well that was way to soupy so I added a box of brownie mix, and some baking powder. 

I ended up with the best double chocolate cookies you can image.

So go ahead and experiment never know what you will get

No comments:

Post a Comment