Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where are the articles

I was in the store the other day looking at all the parenting magazines.  I came to the conclusion that none fit my life or my family.  I don't need to see 100.00 outfits and read on how affordable it is.  I am sorry my children don't need that.  I don't need to read on how to get your child to eat seaweed.  I don't need to see what the new toy of the year is.  

What I need to read about is how to handle the behaviors that result from the beginning of school.  How do I handle dealing with one child who doesn't like getting up for school  Drags her feet to get ready.  I give the tools for getting ready the night before.  But the tools are ignored and in the morning we are scrambling.  Then it turns into her yelling at me.  She just doesn't understand that hey you really can't do that.

What I want to read is how a parent really over came having picky eaters not by tricking them to eat.  But by giving a multi vitamin and riding out the storm.  On how as the child turned into a teen they started eating a wider variety of foods.  On how to deal with a teen who freaks out if their foods touch each other.  Then the other child who needs a separate fork for each food. How they have over came food allergies.  Real stories, but those won't sell.

Where are the articles for the siblings that argue over EVERYTHING.  It could be a crack in the floor, they will find a way to argue.  Short of telling them they cannot talk to each other.  Which has been done.

Where are the articles for the everyday stressed out parent.


No comments:

Post a Comment