Sunday, August 28, 2011

No sense in shedding tears over autism

It won't do any good.  But sometimes you just have to cry.  You have to let the sorrow out.

Yesterday I took the kids to the Science museum, met up with some a very good friend and her family.  It was the last day of an exhibit, and they wanted to see it.  So we get there, the kids and I were there first, so I took G in to the preschool exhibit.  Hand on stuff, exploring all aspects of science, with toys.  C and family arrived.  We chit chatted for a couple of minutes, and it was decided that it was time to see the exhibit. 

G was not leaving the area we were in.  So plans adapted, (the reoccurring story when you have children).  The older 2 get to go see the exhibit.  I stay down with G.  1 hour later, they are done with the exhibit, they find me.  Time for the 3D movie, Okay G lets go nope not happening G wasn't budging.  I handled the first time just fine, the second time made me sad.  Sad to the point the tears started flowing. Here I wanted to hang with a friend and I was stuck with my almost 4 year old who was being obstinate.  He could have cared less when I tried engaging him.  Wanted nothing to do with me.  Unless I was preforming a task he couldn't do he really had no use for me.  Then I thought really what is the use of crying.  Okay so I can't hang with my friend.  My child is behaving, he isn't screaming on the floor, not covering his ears saying to loud.  He is happy going from one area to another.

We did get him out of the room.  We were able to do a couple of areas. The last area, when he was done he just up and left the room.  He just left never looked to see if anyone was going to follow just left.  Again another time that I wanted to cry.  But this was his way of saying, HEY I have had enough.  Now get me out, or I will make you regret it.  So again no use in crying, just say your goodbyes and leave 

No comments:

Post a Comment